There are two parts to SV2020’s installation:
- The .world file, required to play Sunset Valley 2020
- At least one (both if you want) SV2020 world zips which are save games
All of the necessary files are available in our World download section.
Step 1: Installing the World File (required)
- Click the Windows Start button, find the search box and type in Sunset Valley.world
- Look for "Sunset Valley.world" in the file results window, right-click it and then click "Open File Location"
- You should see “Sunset Valley.world” in the folder that opens. Move this file to another folder on your computer so you have a backup of it.
- Unzip the Sunset_Valley.zip file you downloaded from our site and find the .world file inside it
- Copy the "Sunset Valley.world" file you just unzipped, to the folder where you found the first "Sunset Valley.world" file.
If Windows Search isn't working for some reason and you can't find your "Sunset Valley.world" file, you can try looking in these default paths:
- (Disc Version) C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds
- (Origin Version) C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds
Step 2: Installing 2020’s Vanilla or Chocolate’s save files (required):
- After downloading the Vanilla or Chocolate zip file from our site, unzip the file to a folder on your computer
- Using a file manager, browse to your “Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves” folder
- Copy the folder you extracted to that Saves folder
The folders shown above (depending on which version of SV2020 you install) should have files directly inside of them, not in another deeper folder. If they are in a deeper folder, move them to the higher level folder.